Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Actively Seeking Gratitude

More comfortable than  sleeping on the sidewalkImage by Tattooed JJ - very busy via Flickr

Ok, so we made a start. No more extra added salt and a daily mini-hike. So far, so good. This week I am going to take my baby steps concentrated on mental health. I just made a deal with my husband this morning to look for at least 5 situations or events during the day for which we can feel grateful, and to share them with each other each evening. This should be easy for Eugene, as he loves going to work each day, playing with his water balloons, hosting his waterwars! He always has great stories of the new and returning people that he meets and entertains there. I will have to be more conscience in my daily activities, maybe even inventing activities that will provide satisfaction and/or eventful activity. Trying out a new recipe, applying for new positions for the next season of our travels, finding a new book, looking for activities to meet new people, etc.

The second will be to attempt to take every negative situation or activity I experience and flip the glass to be half full. Like in the photo, 'better then sleeping on a sidewalk!' What lesson can I learn? Have I walked a mile in the other guys shoes? What can I do to either correct the situation, or putting in enough thought to actually determine how I will handle the situation differently next time. These are goals that cannot do anything but improve my life. Wish me luck, while I work on creating my own!

Until next time.....

3 comments:

  1. We try to live this way every moment...some days good...others not so good but we never give up! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have some very good goals here. I like the second one, and may have to adopt it as my own. This post has set me thinking. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have some very good goals here. I like the second one, and may have to adopt it as my own.

    Make website india

    ReplyDelete