Saturday, July 4, 2009

My Find is Hubby's Delight!

Yard Sale Northern California May 2005. This i...Image via Wikipedia

After finding a beautiful new good quality electric fry pan at a garage sale yesterday, I bought it for $5.00, brought it home and couldn't wait to try it out. But what to make...........hummmm! As I checked out the refrigerator I found some thawed chicken breasts, some left over broccoli and a bag of shredded parmesan cheese that needed to be used up. So I started in!

I breaded my chicken breasts with cracker crumbs and fried them up in a little olive oil. I removed them, added a little butter, onion, garlic and the chopped up broccoli. Then I deglazed the pan with a little white wine that was just sitting there, and after cooking it down a bit, added a can of chicken broth. Now this whole time, I am checking out the fridge for other throw ins. I debated about adding the cream of chicken soup, but decided to use up the half and half instead. Then I mixed in the parmesan cheese.

I sliced up some left over ham and added a slice over each chicken breast and a slice of swiss cheese over that, then added them back to my sauce, covered the pan and set it on simmer. As this cooked, I realized I was going to have a lot of left over sauce, so I found a half box of shell macaroni in the cupboard and boiled it off. When the chicken and sauce were just about done, I added a can of flaky biscuits around the edges of the pan, sprinkled them with some grated parm, put the cover back on and continued cooking for 10 more minutes.

After removing the chicken and biscuits, I combined the macaroni with the sauce and we ended up with a fabulous "Chicken Cordon Bleu ala Broccoli Pasta Alfredo" dinner with only two pans to clean up! This one was too good NOT to share! Bon Appetite!

Until next time.......
Enhanced by Zemanta

1 comment:

  1. That sounds wonderful. I never thought to do biscuits in my electric fry pan but I sure will try this when I get back on the road.

    ReplyDelete