Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Captain Kirk vs. the Borg......

Jean-Luc Picard as LocutusImage via Wikipedia

There is a kind of lame application on facebook called 'Six Degrees of Separation' which I had read through a couple of weeks ago and although it was very elementary, the thought has stuck in my head. With the internet and all of the new social sites out there, the chances of getting to know hundreds of people from all over the world is right there in front of you.

Is it a coincident when we run into others who share a friend from another area of the country, or as I did, find out that my husband's cousin was my best friend from 4th grade? Wouldn't you be surprised if you just traveled 1000 miles from home and the first place you stopped upon arrival, you are served by a gal from your home town? These things happen to me all the time.

I have to wonder if there is some sort of spiritual message that is being passed through these chance encounters that is written in code. I do believe that we are all just a small cell in the body of life, and that it takes all of us put together to make this world work. I think it will take this message to be understood by all of humanity to bring about the second coming of Christ and Heaven on Earth. Do you suppose we are getting closer?

I can remember watching an old 'Star Trek' episode where Captain Kirk was being assimilated by the Borg. When I first watched it, I thought how horrible that would be. To be a part of everyone else's thoughts and feelings with no individuality? I guess I have evolved over the years, as today I could see so many advantages. Just the shared knowledge alone would be fantastic. The shared experiences, the love for one another, the ability to totally understand just how and where another's personality developed into what it is today would be a joy to behold in my book. To be able to share your own love and understanding when another was in need would be a cherished gift.

For now, I will continue to watch for the coincidences~

Until next time...........
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment